Monday, November 12, 2007

A new blog post!

Well, its been a while since my last blog post. I would love to have some long, witty, post about something, but thats partly why I haven't made a post in a while. I just don't have anything to talk about. Save for right now, which, ironically, I'm talking about not having anything to talk about. Isn't that neato? I don't like doing those "Hey, let me tell you about what I've been doing!" posts, but I feel I owe something to the both of you who have me on an RSS feed, and those of you who checked my away message today. So here it is, Ben, this is your life! (Or more accurately, your last few weeks)

Believe it or not, I've been busy. Its been a really nice change of pace actually feeling like an adult, going on interviews, and meeting people. Although none of the places I interviewed with decided that I was a good fit for them, I feel I learned a bit, or at the very least, practiced interviewing. So now I can better gauge during the interview how long it will take for them to say no. And in the natural spirit of hatred and loathing, you are no longer my friend if you pay for advertising from Cline Davis Mann and Kirschenbaum Bond, or gain cheap, low income housing from Community Access. And in writing that last sentence, Just Shoot Me came on directly after Yes Dear, and I accidentally watched 17 seconds of it, thus dying a little on the inside.

Headhunting firms are the coolest invention ever. Not only are they called headhunting firms, which makes me feel like they travel around Manhattan with spears trying to find me jobs, only to shrink that job down and use it as festive tribal decorations, but they're job is to find me a job. For some, perverse reason, I feel great being treated like some natural resource. I especially like it when I go in, have the headhunter tell me that its going to be tough finding a job that I would be fit for, only to have her invite me back in a week to interview for a job at that staffing firm.

Come to think of it, that about sums up the last few weeks. Interviews and following up with them. It was good to be busy and have something to do. Now I'm back to the usual bump and grind, however, my lovely room mate and a good family friend gave me books about what to do in NYC that don't cost (or cost little) money. So stay tuned for fun reviews about which of these are fun, and which food is actually good. Also, my next post will be a rant, I've been reading too much stupid stuff lately, and there's a 89% chance that my blog will fall into that category, but I'm writing it anyway.


PS, this may be old, but this man is a genius.

No comments: