Sunday, September 30, 2007

A confession

I come before you as a humbled man. I am a whore. Yes, I admit it. I am a complete and utter whore. Last night I rooted for a team other than my core teams (Who all seem to have made the conscious decision not to have a winning season/post season). And the reason I pimped out my cheers and jeers? Free beer. Yes, simply by pretending I was a Florida Gators fan, I was able to partake of an all you can drink smörgåsbord.

If you ever have the chance to partake of a college themed bar party, do it. I don't care if you're dying wife is giving birth to triplets named Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, and Brett Favre. This bar is worth it. For a measly 25 dollars at the door (which I actually managed to avoid with some daring Sam Fischer moves), and a declaration of your allegiance to the team in favor at this bar, yes you too get to drink all you want of any drink in the bar. And just when you thought it couldn't get any better, they automatically bring you a Jaeger bomb every time said team scores a touchdown.

So after my daring Sam Fischer (I'll keep making this Splinter Cell reference, because Sam Fischer is balls) move, I drank as much as my little heart wanted for free. Nowhere, in the entire world could something better come up for someone on my income ($0 for those keeping track). And I encourage every other unemployed man, woman, and child out there to pimp themselves out to the other schools. How much whoring am I willing to do? My next stop after writing this blog is to check out the major Pac 10, SEC, and ACC alumni association to see if they have any of these events posted for next weekend.

My heart always bleeds Orange, but sometimes that just because I've had so many free Blue Moons, that it has no other choice...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So, Ben. I'm glad you remember we were there for the Gators, bc I'm dammed if I had any clue. It sounds like we had a good time. I heard Kevin knocked over the table. I think I tipped the waitress anywhere from $20-$40. Wanna do it again sometime? Supposedly they have that deal for some Syracuse football and basketball games too. Sounds like a jolly good mess to me...