Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Red Sox Nation

I'll just come out and declare where my loyalties lye. I'm a Chargers and an Angels fan, with a slight appreciation for New York City teams. That being said, this post is induced from a couple articles I read, and also the “football game” that took place this last Sunday night. And with both Yankees and Red Sox fans reading this blog, there should be some fun reactions.

So maybe this should have been said earlier on in baseball season, and maybe I should move on to the emotional orgasm that is football season, but as of right now, nothing irritates me more than this “Red Sox Nation” crap. So you have fans in other cities, well I have news for you, so does every other franchise in sports (except for the Milwaukee Brewers, I’ll grant you that). Just because you won a championship, does not mean every person in this great country of ours wants to lick the franchises proverbial asshole.

“But Ben,” you may say, “its about how there are so MANY Red Sox fans that show up to other cities’ games.” Poppycock, I say. Every Angels vs. Yankees game I’ve gone to ALWAYS has more Yankees fans at them then Red Sox fans at Angels vs. Red Sox games. Enough of a difference that I can clearly see more. Should that make this a Yankees nation?

Maybe it’s the fact that you haven’t won it all since shortly after cars were invented, and you aren’t used to “fair weather fans,” but thinking the whole nation worships your shit? Come on, who are we, Scott Timpano? Yes, you had a winning team, and still do, one of the best in baseball right now, and a movie made after your team. But seriously, that movie was Fever Pitch, Angels in the Outfield is a classic.

But I digress. To sum up, everyone has fans in other cities, deal with it. No Red Sox nation, I’d move to France.

1 comment:

ScottieSU said...

I would like to point out that the world does worship my shit.